Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Run for a Cause

It's been years now that I wanted to participate in a fun run or run for a cause event.  It just that every time I plan of joining one, one reason or another will get on my way and forget the whole plan.

One of my "missions to accomplish" before the 2010 end is to join at least one of the scheduled runs this year.  Via goggle, I was able to find some one event per month along with their advocacy. 

PBA Run for a Cause (July 31 @ MOA) for the beneficiaries: Cancer and Hematology Department. of PCMC- Children sufferring from CANCER.

Run To Read (August 15 @ Bonifacio Global City) was designed to raise funds to build and restore libraries for less fortunate communities in various parts of the Philippines

Race to Save the Barako Tree (September 4 @ The Fort) which  aims to raise funds in support of the farmers who grow and preserve the native Barako Tree which is believed to produce one of the world's finest coffee.

Run for Pasig River (October 10) with various starting points but all events converge at the SM Mall of Asia:

    * 3K: SM Mall of Asia
    * 5K: Luneta Park
    * 10K: Bonifacio Global City
    * 21K: SM Marikina

Now, my running shoes will finally taste its true essence of existence (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment